Published On: Mon, Jul 9th, 2018

Liverpool transfer news: Man Utd make Nabil Fekir decision with Lyon star at World Cup | Football | Sport


Liverpool wanted Fekir to sign last month, only for negotiations with Lyon to collapse at the eleventh hour.

The 24-year-old, who could feature for France when they face Belgium in the World Cup semi-finals on Tuesday, was desperate to move to Merseyside.

Images even surfaced showing Fekir in Liverpool’s red shirt but, with the Reds fearful over his long-term knee injuries, a deal collapsed.

Lyon have since mischievously claimed Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho had held talks with president Jean-Michel Aulas over a transfer.

But the Manchester Evening News suggest the Red Devils are not pursuing a deal for the France attack, leaving Liverpool free to capitaise. 

Mourinho has always been adamant the club will not be signing any attacking players this summer.

Despite that, though, Express Sport understands they are determined to land one of Gareth Bale or Willian.

The MEN say there is nothing to suggest United will rival Liverpool for Fekir’s signature.

And they also claim reports linking United to Fekir may stem from comments made back in 2015.

Back then, he said: “Playing for Manchester United one day? Why not. it’s a club that makes you dream, but we’re not there yet.”

Liverpool could yet reignite their interest.

But, speaking today, Aulas suggested the Lyon hotshot would be staying in Ligue 1.

“I think that Nabil will be at OL next season,” he told RMC Sport.

“I have almost a father-son relationship with my players, I gave him the chance to go to Liverpool because it was his dream club.

“I did that too with Tolisso and Umtiti, he is our captain and it is the coach’s wish to keep him.”



Source link

!--cbads.com banner-->

Most Popular News